Is it morally correct to have Jesus's life televised? At a simple glance I would say yes however, upon critical evaluation it seems much more complex. I grew up with Christianity as the main religion being exposed to me. Over the years I can admit that I lost touch with my sense of religion and it's something I'd like to implement back into my life. Since starting this theology course I noticed I have a deeper understanding of various religions and though I'm not sure exactly what I believe in I have a true sense of respect for all.
Recently I've come across a show on Hulu called "Jesus: His Life." Being intrigued from what I've already learned in class I decided to give it a try. I found that it's really easy to understand Jesus's story now that I have studied him from an academic standpoint. The threat I can see a televised version of his life imposing is the potential for dramatization. I don't want to go to in depth on this topic I just wanted to propose a question to get everybody's brain working. My answer to this question is that as long as it does add to scripture and it is also aligned with scripture then this shouldn't be an issue. In this case I believe it to be morally correct and it can even promote an easier way of understanding and reach a broader audience.
No comments:
Post a Comment