Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Crosses

     Have you ever paid attention to the details of a cross? The first time I did I noticed the letters INRI written above Jesus's head. INRI stands for Jesus the Nazarene, King of the Jews. When you start to notice the small details of the regular crucifix you may see that Jesus is being pinned in the center of his hands. Not that this is a huge factor but it isn't realistic. This is why there have been different forms of the cross adopted. 

    There are many variations to the cross however  I want to specifically mention the three that we have learned about in this class. These crosses are the regular crucifix, the papal crucifix and the priestly/altar Christ. I simply wanted to bring light to the difference's in these crosses and allow you to do your own research. Based on your research feel free to comment on the blog and let me know which one interest you the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questioning

 Hello class,      Asking questions is super important in theology. It helps us dig deeper into big ideas and figure things out. When we que...